7th Annual NoVA B2G Matchmaking Conference & Small Business EXPO
MillerMusmar CPAs managing partner, G.F. Joey Musmar, moderated a panel of CEOs of middle market Government contractors to discuss the Strategies, Best Practices, and Emerging Trends for Transition from a Small to Medium-Sized Business. In attendance were the CEOs of successful middle-market government contractors: Bob Eisiminger, CEO of, Knight Point Systems, LLC Kevin Jennings CEO of Millennium Corporation and Jared Shepard, CEO of Intelligent Waves LLC.
Some of the key takeaways and quotes were:
- Don’t chase “Blue Bird” contracts. Properly submitted proposals require 12-18 months of work.
- Invest profit back into your firm.
- Your proposal team should be rewarded based on wins not the number of proposals.
- Mentor/protégé is important for you to grow and avoid mistakes.
- If it’s not your expertise, then hire (outside) experts.
- Debt financing beats equity. Be careful when taking on equity partners.
- Build firm infrastructure that is scalable.
- Build Firm Core Expertise.
- Corporate culture is critical.
- Don’t rush into the 8A program unless your firm has past performance and is ready to leverage the access it creates.
- Firm Certifications are not the exception but the norm, get them.
For more information about the panel please feel free to contact us at 703-437-8877 or email@example.com.